Sycamore Terrace Apartments gears up for the holidays and to welcome 2014 in style! Here are some tips on how you can survive the hectic holidays this year.
Holiday Stress Busters
December can be a joyous month, but it’s also a stressful time for many people caught up in the rush of holiday planning and family issues. Here are some helpful hints for reducing stress during what should be a fun and relaxing time:
- Recognize the signs of stress, such as irritability and anxiety. Avoid these by getting a handle on things instead of just letting them happen.
- Allow yourself to say “No.” Be realistic about what you can and cannot do during this busy month. Don’t feel obligated to attend every holiday part of make 1,000 cookies from scratch for your church group.
- Watch your diet. It’s easy to overindulge in holiday treats that can affect your mood. Sugar overload will make you sluggish, for example, and the stimulating effect of caffeine may make you overanxious.
- Exercise: Not only will it combat those extra calories you’re consuming, it will also relieve tension and provide relaxation.
- Provide structure during the day while the kids are out of school, such as “quiet time” each day.
- Establish clear guidelines. Manage their expectations about what they’ll get before heading out to the mall or grandma’s house.
- Watch their diet. Also encourage at least 30 minutes of physical activity each day.
The Broward County, Florida sheriff’s office offers these safety tips for holiday shoppers:
- Make several trips to your car to drop off packages while shopping rather than trying to carry too many items around with you.
- Put packages and bags in the trunk or otherwise keep them out of sight to deter thieves.
- Leave the mall or shopping center well before closing time to increase the likelihood that you won’t be walking out alone.
- If you are leaving the store at closing time, ask mall security or the package pick-up service to escort you to your vehicle.
Holiday Party Pointers
Whether you are planning a small, intimate gathering or throwing a large-scale get-together, these entertaining tips will help keep the holidays happy and safe for all of your party guests.
- Improve the mood with food. When serving alcoholic beverages, offer a variety of foods throughout the celebration. Enjoying food with alcohol can help slow its absorption into the bloodstream.
- Think “To drink, or not to drink?” Remember that some guests may prefer alcohol-free beverages or may be acting as designated drivers, so provide plenty of non-alcoholic beverage options.
- Understand all drinks are not consumed equally. The amount of time is takes a guest to drink one alcoholic beverage generally impacts how that alcohol is absorbed in their body. Even though a 12-ounce beer may contain the same amount of alcohol as a 1.5-ounce shot of 80-proof liquor, a beer is enjoyed leisurely, while a shot is usually consumed in one swallow.
- Remember the party’s not over until it’s over. A successful party is one that’s both fun and safe. Designate a driver, provide cab rides home, or offer to let guests stay the night if they have had too much to drink.
Make the holidays even more successful with a beautiful new apartment at Sycamore Terrace! We have all everyone needs to start their year off right:
- 2 pools and 2 spas
- tennis court and basketball court
- sand volleyball court
- Tot Lot
- fitness center
- granite counter tops in every remodeled apartment
- full size, stack-able washer and dryer in every apartment
So why not stop by and make Sycamore your new home for the holiday! Ask us about our holiday specials and settle down in the heart of Temecula.